I decided to take a small break from scripting and focus a little on artwork. I've created the new floor piece, which will be repeated as a modular set.
I've tried to make it look as authentic as possible, to look like a plastic toy, as the game is set in a world of toys. I was very inspired by techniques used in Lego Lord of the Rings.
The base mesh was modelled in Maya LT, and further sculpted in Zbrush.
The textures were created entirely from scratch (no bitmaps) in Substance Designer, whilst the final render was created in Marmoset Toolbag 2.0.
Further improvements will be made to the floor section to match plastic building blocks.