Since it's been a while since I've posted a longer post documenting the recent work, I thought I'd post a breakdown of the changes made over the past week.
I've spent a lot of time and effort on this and it is slowly moving from prototype to alpha.
Below you'll see a list of improvements over previous iterations. I'm really enjoying this project and using Unreal Engine 4. I am in love with the Blueprint system and how open and user friendly it is when compared to Unreal Development Kit.
- Improved user interface
- Working timer and longest run
- A working score & high score system
- Better fonts
- Scalable to screen resolution
- Sound Effects and music.
- Footstep sounds
- Destruction sounds
- High score sound
- 90s style adventure music akin to Crash Bandicoot
- Blocked out place-holder dinosaur.
- Place-holder character
- Replaced Floor place-holders with art
- Destructible meshes - break when dinosaur steps on them.
- Improved movement system
- Double Jump mechanic
- Landscape (Place-holder textures currently)
- Improved Sky
- Collision detection when moving between lanes
- Ability to cheat / spam keys
- Save Game system
- Procedurally generate content
- Replace more place-holders with actual artwork
- Main Menu
- Scoreboard upon finishing a level
Below you'll find an image of the game running in editor.