It's been a while since I posted - but I've been hard at work on Dinosaur Run, as well as dealing with illness and spending time with family - but there is some great news today.
First off, those of you who follow a lot of Indie games may have recognised the music I've used in my trailers and gameplay are very familiar to you, since they are Kevin MacLeod (Incomptech.com) tracks, which are royalty free and readily available to all.
They are very high quality and well composed, but they aren't very personal and I have heard the exact same tracks in many other trailers and games.
I am glad to announce that I am in communications with a very talented composer to create custom tracks for Dinosaur Run! This will really give the intended feel of the game, and be much more of a personal sound than using pre-made tracks.
I will give more information regarding the music as soon as it becomes available.
- Other updates include a brand new Endless Mode, which allows players the more classic Endless Runner experience, as well as the set levels.
- A trailer for this mode is below, although it is a fairly old trailer now, since the effects and graphics have been improved since then - but the functionality is the same.
- Improved textures, tilt effects and the inclusion of a new bubble machine; replacing the fireworks
- There are now a wide variety of pickups and obstacles! Such as:
- Fallen Trees
- Large Rocks
- An Upgrade System which allows the player to spend bananas on upgrades for things such as :
- Magnet radius
- Speed boost from gold bananas
- Bomb duration
There will be a new trailer coming soon, but I want to wait for the custom music before going ahead.
Video and images below : Enjoy!