Currently the prototype for Dinosaur Run is coming along nicely. A little slow, admittedly, but that's due to being new to Unreal 4.
Although the Blueprint system is fantastic for artists, it still has a steep learning curve. However, I find it very enjoyable - it allows me to make progress with things I couldn't normally achieve, since first and foremost I am an artist.
- A prototype movement system: character automatically runs forward, the player strafes to avoid obstacles and collect pick-ups.
- A working score & high score system in which the score increases based on how far you have run.
- Rotating pick-ups that increase score.
- A basic User Interface.
- Sound Effects and music.
- Blocked out place-holder art.
- Improve movement system
- Save Game system
- Procedurally generate content
- Replace place-holders with actual artwork
Below is a screenshot of the current 0.1 build. Let me know what you think, I appreciate constructive criticism and opinions.